[lbo-talk] Berlin to Erect Monument to Hitler . . . Not. But not that far.

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 08:01:46 PST 2005

I think the Reuters story is really bizarre. Note that the don't say what the monument is for -- it could be a memorial for the victims like the Stalin statue in the the sculpture park is. Or the official is getting misquoted or something. Izvestia has an article on this I'll have to look at. It just can't be true. Putin would definitely veto it -- I can't imagine him doing otherwise. He won't even change Volgograd's name back even those the Volgograders want it. Can you imagine the international reaction? Russia's reputation is bad enough as it is.

If the statue does go up and it's serious, it will be welcomed by an adoring mop on the day it is opened and then dynamited shortly thereafter by another, irate mob.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!