[lbo-talk] Re: frontiers of financial innovation (?)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jan 20 09:08:18 PST 2005

> It makes perfect sense. Except that many people are
> inclined to use it more and borrow up to the limit of
> their capacity to service their borrowings.

So you're saying that the people who can't control their urges should be protected from these kinds of things that can radically help whose who can? People who blow up credit will do so no matter what's not available at the mortgage level. This is like saying that we should get rid of steak knives because some people will kill their spouses or themselves with them. And hey, some people will use abortion as birth control. And holy hell: I just heard about someone who abuses workers comp and SSI AT THE SAME TIME.

Let's get rid of it all. Yay.