[lbo-talk] rosie awards

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 20 12:54:48 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>Doug:
> > The piece has two co-authors, me and Christian Parenti.
> >

>Sorry, it is in small print and I did not see it. But I still think the
>piece is right on target.

For a piece that appeared first in a journal almost no one has seen - Radical Society - it's gotten lots of attention, and several reprints too. We've gotten lots of (mostly positive) responses to it, too - from people who'd been bummed or burned by American-style activism.

Liza & I are doing a piece for the next LBO that's something of a descendant of "Action Will Be Taken." The hook is the silly "Not One Damn Dime" anti-inaugural event, which urges us to buy nothing today to protest W. Truly Adorno was right when he complained that "actionism" fails to reflect on its own impotence.

Doug