[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 20 14:02:46 PST 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Chuck's a self-identified opponent of democracy and solidarity and a
> beliver in individualist action, the basic belief that even when a group of
> workers has taken a collective decision, he is smarter than they on what
> rules should govern that workplace. That's his definition of anarchism.
>
> He may like labor but he is not a "unionist" since he doesn't believe in
> creating durable unions with anyone, only temporary collaborations. If
> you're in a union, you follow the rules of that union and the most basic
> one is not to cross picket lines.

Now people are putting words in my mouth. To me, this is worse than being called a "scab" or a "cop."

The idea that some people on this list can think they can lecture ME on democracy and solidarity is pretty sad. If people want to see my long record of solidarity, I can start compiling examples, going back 20 years.

You guys are worse than a pack of rabid, self-righteous vegans!

Chuck