[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 20 14:10:42 PST 2005

Donna Wilson wrote:

> ChuckO,
> If you do ever cross a picket line you will be brought
> up on charges and most likely be thrown out of the
> IWW. This is not just my opinion. Without using your
> name I have been asking some other long time IWW
> members and members of the IWW General Executive Board
> about this and they all agree. Your attitude makes us
> sick and you have no right calling yourself a union
> member.

If I remember correctly, IWW members aren't supposed to reveal who is and isn't a union member. Perhaps you can justify to them why you are outing alleged IWW members?

Makes "us" sick? Who are you speaking for?

My stance on this subject is perfectly justified. Yesterday somebody pointed out a situation involving injured people having to cross a picket line at the hospital. There are always exceptions to every rule, including vague codes such as "soldiarity." I know that there are people who claim to practice solidarity who pick and choose who they show solidarity to. I'm not saying that this is a good thing, but that this is how life works.

I am a union member whether you like it or not.

Chuck