[lbo-talk] Poets I don't know...

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 18:12:58 PST 2005

Do you know Thomas McGrath? Maybe the second or third best commie poet in English, counting Blake and Shelley as commies. His Letters To An Imaginary Friend is a long series of meditations on radicalism in America, but it is not preachy or didactic. He also wrote a wonderful novel, Coffin With No Handles, about labor organizing on the waterfront.