[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 19:25:41 PST 2005

A crude, lumpen adventurist wrote:

> What a fucking idiot.

Who the hell do you think you are? What do you know of real struggle where people actually put things at risk? Name ONE real struggle you have been involved with -- and I'm not talking about setting up some streetcorner infoshop smelling of patchouli and the sweat of middle-class teenagers (whether actual teenagers or teenagers in their forties) embracing voluntary poverty.

> Something tells me that Comrade Lacny would have me
> shot for not supporting his strike. Ouch! Must be a history
> book falling of the shelf.

There have been cases in history where scabs and goons have been shot, usually in self-defense by strikers. I don't advocate it as a general rule, but I will say this: if Munson the Lumpen ever got shot for crossing someone's picketline, I would support the shooter over the cops who tried to arrest the shooter. And I will say that Munson the Lumpen is the one person on this list who makes me think really violent thoughts. Once again, I'm not joking.

> groupthink

It's called solidarity, asshole. You don't know the first thing about it. You sound like you're from the National Right to Work Committee, with all of your specious appeals to solipsistic individualism. The one difference is that you are so much dumber than they are. If we all had a vote on who the dumbest person on lbo-talk was, we all know that you would win hands-down.