[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Jan 21 07:13:36 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at mutualaid.org>

Nathan Newman wrote:
> Chuck's a self-identified opponent of democracy and solidarity and a
> beliver in individualist action, the basic belief that even when a group
of
> workers has taken a collective decision, he is smarter than they on what
> rules should govern that workplace. That's his definition of anarchism.

-The idea that some people on this list can think they can lecture ME on -democracy and solidarity is pretty sad. If people want to see my long -record of solidarity, I can start compiling examples, going back 20 years.

Chuck- This is part and parcel of your attitude on protests. Whatever a planning committee decides, you and your friends can ignore any democratic decision and break windows or do any other action you wish. You don't believe in democratic constraint of your actions in any form. Whatever you think is best is what you have the right to do.

You've repeated that line in multiple situations. It's a venerable position among anarchism, but that's what makes that version of anarchism undemocratic.

Nathan Newman