[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized? (multiple replies)

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 11:03:03 PST 2005

Michael Dawson:

> Whether or not to cross a picket line is not a law. It is an
> individual choice.

I know it is not a LAW -- in this country, that is. But it is a moral/ethical imperative for people on the left.

Come to think of it, though, maybe there ought to be a law . . .

> As a unionist, I support everybody's right to make the choice
> for herself or himself.

Really? You support someone else's right to steal your job? I very much doubt it. You can't be serious. Are you?

Isn't the question here whether the capitalist has a right to give away someone else's job, and whether someone else has a right to "benefit" from the theft of that job?

> Stalin is dead and buried, thank god.

Spare me the melodrama. My sense of humor may occasionally be morbid, but at least I have one.