[lbo-talk] Re: boycotting the unorganized (middle class)

Louis Kontos Louis.Kontos at liu.edu
Sat Jan 22 15:59:02 PST 2005

your translation is incomplete. i would add: I (Dawson) need Doug Henwood's approval desparately (any Freudians on the list?), even while I demean other people as often as I can, without any need of the slightest provokation; and, I need a life, desparately.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of snit snat Sent: Sat 1/22/2005 6:50 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Re: boycotting the unorganized (middle class)

At 06:12 PM 1/22/2005, Michael Dawson wrote:
>*************
>
>Karl Marx: "As to the prejudices of so-called public opinion, to which I
>have never made concessions, now as aforetime the maxim of the great
>Florentine is mine: 'Follow your own couse, and let the people talk.'"
>
>Doug Henwood: "As to the prejudices of so-called public opinion, which I
>have always taken scrupulously into account when considering how (or
>whether) to express my ideas, now maybe a little more than aforetime the
>injunction of the familiar road sign is mine: 'Proceed with Caution.'"
>
>[>]
>Huh?

traslation help: Doug's a sellout hack and I've come here to snipe.

helpfully,

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling