[lbo-talk] Credit Where Credit is Due

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 23 09:58:41 PST 2005

On Jan 23, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> John Adams wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, there's the real possibility (about which I am
>> highly skeptical) that advances in technology make it possible to
>> remove some of those constraints, especially as they apply to
>> non-hierarchical organization. That's an anarchist position, too,
>> which takes material constraints into account.
>
> Yeah, but what about the CIA trying to overthrow you?

The development of much of the non-hierarchical organizational ideas were driven in part by attempts to prevent manipulation by intelligence agencies and other bad actors. They haven't worked as well as hoped. As I said, I'm skeptical. On the other hand, neither have other, non-anarchist left strategies, generally speaking.

John A