[lbo-talk] Memorial for Jim Forman

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Jan 24 07:56:55 PST 2005

"Will the Circle Be Unbroken": A Memorial Celebration of Life for

James Forman

Saturday, February 5, 2005

People's Congregational Church

4704 13th St. NW

Washington D.C. 20011

Noon to 3:00 p.m.:  Gather and be Together

The church agreed to open the doors early because many folks, especially

the SNCC veterans, expressed a desire to use this as a chance to be together.

3 - 5:30 p.m.:  Memorial Celebration

Also, some people have asked about making donations in my dad's honor.

We are establishing a James Forman Scholarship Fund, some or all of which we

hope to use to create a scholarship at his alma mater Roosevelt University in

Chicago. Please wait for further information if you wish to contribute to the

scholarship fund.

In the meantime, anyone interested in making a contribution to the archival

project/book project/general expenses should make the check out to Chaka

Forman, and send it to:

  Chaka Forman

2554 Lincoln Blvd. #729

Venice CA  90291