[lbo-talk] Christians want to become "bad boys" again

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:17:41 PST 2005

>From: DSR <debburz at yahoo.com>
>
>Same with the religious/social conservatives. Ricidule only
>strengthens their resolves, empowers them to push harder, justifies
>their mission in their minds. Hell, we've been "ridiculing" them for
>the last 20+ years in Texas; hasn't done us a lick 'o good.

Yes, it's horrifying. Fundies gain strength from negative feedback like a creature from a sci-fi movie feeding off the nuclear weapons dropped on its head. Fundies are immune to reason and ridicule alike. There's nothing in our arsenal that can stop them. I think unless Godzilla comes to our rescue we're doomed.

Carl