[lbo-talk] China playing hard to woo Indian IT giants

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:08:27 PST 2005

China playing hard to woo Indian IT giants

BEIJING: China has set up a special division to woo Indian software majors, especially the four giants-- TCS, Infosys, Wipro and Satyam-- to help them expand their operations in the country, a senior official said on Tuesday.

"We have set up the Sino-India Cooperative Office under the National Software Export Base recently to help Indian software companies to expand their operations in China, especially Beijing," Dr. Zhu Peifen, a senior Chinese official said.

"This is the first time we have set up a special division for a particular country," Zhu, Director, Hi-tech Industry Development Division of Development and Reform Commission of Beijing government said. Zhu, who recently visited India said that TCS, Infosys, Wipro and Satyam, which have operations in China, were looking at the booming IT market in China in a big way and at least two of them had major expansion plans, including setting up a base in Beijing.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1000665.cms

-- Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

-- J.R.R. Tolkien * TagZilla 0.057 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org