[lbo-talk] Re: boycotting the unorganized (miidle class)

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Tue Jan 25 14:29:59 PST 2005

Bill Bartlett wrote:
> At 2:28 PM -0500 25/1/05, ravi wrote:
>> > I think some of these vegetarians have been watching
>>
>>> too many Walt Disney cartoons. Sheep aren't people folks, sorry to
>>> break it to you. Neither are cabbages. Although some people put up a
>>> damn good imitation. Not enough meat in their diet to fuel their
>>> brains, I reckon. ;-)
>>
>>ah, ridicule. and this is the sort of person i am supposed to feel
>>solidarity with?
>
> You've already made it clear that you have no intention of extending
> solidarity to anyone who won't adopt your vegetarian philosophy. So
> you are a lost cause anyhow, I might as well make an example of you.
> So go ahead and restrict your solidarity to dumb animals. They won't
> answer back or make fun of you, I'm sure you will find that
> satisfying.

eh, wot? quotes please! where did i "make it clear that i have no intention of extending solidarity to anyone who won't adopy my vegetarian philosophy"?!!! i explicitly said quite the opposite in my early posts:

a) i have never (and will probably never) cross a picket line.

b) the onus is upon me to convince others to participate in the animal

rights movement i.e., i cannot expect unreasoned axiomatic solidarity

from other parts of the left, for my cause.

those of you, who may believe that the framework/theory you believe in (marxism?) is a science, seem to have little patience for other left groups. at best, this attitude is a dangerous elitism.

--ravi