[lbo-talk] Larry Summers is no male chauvinist pig ...

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:23:02 PST 2005

... just a pig.

************************

At Harvard, the Bigger Concern of the Faculty Is the President's Management Style

By SARA RIMER

Published: January 26, 2005

... Mr. Summers's reputation had preceded him to Harvard, and was even the subject of discussion on the presidential search committee. "When Larry was being considered for president, his provocative manner and insensitivity to others was the major criticism raised by skeptics," said Howard Gardner, a professor of cognition at the Harvard education school and an expert on leadership.

Supporters like Mr. [Robert] Rubin "gave assurances that he'd gotten an education in Washington, that his rough edges had been smoothed," Professor Gardner said. "On the basis of what I have observed and heard from colleagues, I now believe, regrettably, that the supporters were expressing a hope rather than a reality." ...

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/26/education/26harvard.html?position=&pagewanted=print&position=>

Carl