[lbo-talk] cushy life/strict equality

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 09:21:49 PST 2005

> joanna bujes wrote:
>
> >I think everyone would do their best because it's
> human nature.

How many people here jump at the opportunity to do Jury Duty? Each time I get that notice in the mail, I just hope and pray that I wont be selected. I suspect that I am not the only one on this list who behaves in this manner; I am certainly not alone in this among the population at large.

Do you really think your behavior is going to totally change after the "grande soiree" of revolution? It probably will to some degree but not totally. You will eventually get caught up in your own affairs; if you are over 40, your bones will ache in the morning and if you are to make an extra effort on behalf of greater mankind, you'd better either be in a really good mood that day or you'd better see some kind of reward for yourself. There may be exceptions to this...but they are just that...exceptions.

What happened to all of the communes of the 1960s that attempted strict egalitarianism?

-Thomas

===== <<Furthermore, we must ask what does the dialectician want? What does this will which wills the dialectic want? It is an exhausted force which does not have the strength to affirm its difference, a force which no longer acts but rather reacts to the forces which dominate it-only such a force brings to the foreground the negative element in its relation to the other. Such a force denies all that it is not and makes this negation its own essence and the principle of its existence.>> -Gilles Deleuze "Nietzche & Philosophy"