[lbo-talk] Wall Street, thinking constructively

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 28 08:00:28 PST 2005

[from Merrill Lynch's morning memo, by chief economist David Rosenberg (who replaced URPE alum Bruce Steinberg a year or two ago)]

We can understand the widespread skepticism, especially after yesterday's insurgent attacks that left nearly a dozen Iraqis and an American marine dead (and at the same time posting a video on the internet of the assassination of a candidate for Sunday's election). But we think that if you go back to the first U.S. election, it wasn't such a smooth ride either.