[lbo-talk] Re: Say BYE BYE to VINYL!

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Jan 30 00:39:53 PST 2005

Tim Francis-Wright wrote:

> Whata curious lot of bunkum. There isn't a 2009 deadline, or a 2003
> press release, or even an "Institute of Chemical Engineering"--the
> American Institute of Chmeical Engineers has nothing about vinyl
> production on its website. And that's no surprise.

Thanks for the good news. I find it hard to believe that we're just going to give up on analog sound. I had decided I would get myself one of those old tube amplifiers for my birthday. Hook it up to my turntable, find some old Nina Simone albums, and give myself goosebumps.

That's the trouble with CD's -- no goosebumps.

If there are any savvy LOBsters who could tell my which tube amps to go for, write me offlist. I'd appreciate it.

Joanna