[lbo-talk] Re: Say BYE BYE to VINYL!

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Jan 30 10:05:27 PST 2005

If there are any savvy LOBsters who could tell my which tube amps to go for, write me offlist. I'd appreciate it.

Joanna ---------

The classics, Harman/Kardon, Kenwood, Pioneer, McIntosh, maybe Yamaha, mid-seventies to eighties maybe. These use transistors but the fidelity is better than tubes, unless you find a custom built tube amp from the late 60s. The place to find them is on University Ave, just below McGee about three doors down from Al Lasher Electronics. The name of the place is Soundwell. They're open weird hours (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). They have a web site:

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

I think Amoeba still stocks some vinyl used. If you go to Amoeba, ask for Gail. She will know what's still available. She's one of the buyers.

CG