[lbo-talk] Mr. Churchill

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 31 11:09:54 PST 2005

>Following the attacks, Churchill wrote an essay, "Some People Push Back:
>On the Justice of Roosting Chickens," that hailed the "gallant sacrifices"
>of the "combat teams" that struck America.
>
>He said although the victims were civilians they were not innocent. He
>went on to describe the World Trade Center victims as "little Eichmanns,"
>a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who organized Nazi leader Adolf Hitler's
>plan to exterminate Europe's Jews.

Far from his finest moment. He has done some really good work in the past but will unfortunately be remembered for this for a long time. I wish he would apologize but that doesn't seem to be something most tenured professors are capable of, Ward more than most I fear.

John Thornton

--- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0505-0, 01/31/2005 Tested on: 1/31/2005 1:10:07 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com