[lbo-talk] RE: More Hype

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Jul 1 02:54:26 PDT 2005

At 12:11 AM -0700 1/7/05, joanna wrote:

>On Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:03 PM [PDT],
>Mycos <mailto:mycos at shaw.ca><mycos at shaw.ca> wrote:
>There's just something about this story that has the sound of
>another inflammatory set-up by the hawks....something that is being
>pushed on the public to justify some kind of unusually aggressive
>stance yet to be taken by the US administration, military or
>otherwise, against the new leader. It's certainly possible that the
>guy was there, and I hope I'm wrong about this but the track history
>of the US is clear about this kind of thing.
>
>Well, they can't quite say the guy wasn't democratically
>elected...so they had to come up with something else. I won't waste
>time commenting on how the U.S. which is routinely kidnapping people
>and shipping them off to be tortured can take the moral high ground
>here....but....

The moral high ground? The stand I thought they were taking is "The USA is the most stupid, evil, fanatical and criminal regime in the world and we are offended by the pretensions of this upstart Iranian crowd. Don't defy us by electing the wrong people. We have weapons of mass destruction and are cowardly enough to attack you with them ...again."

But of course the Iranian regime already knows that and are trying to get their own.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas