[lbo-talk] Entering a dark age of innovation

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 01:35:40 PDT 2005

m : jeff strahl <jstrahl at well.com> Sent : Saturday, July 2, 2005 9:45 PM

Very interesting day at my 9/11 table (at the Berkeley Farmer's market) today. A guy originally from India showed up towards the end of the session, as the market was closing around 3, and raised objections to what the info was saying about the WTC collapses, said he was a structural engineer, said the buildings were not designed to withstand hits by planes. I pulled out a copy of the posting which has the video by construction supervisor DeMartini which had him quoted to the contrary (he didn't believe me when i said it). Then i talked to him about WTC7, which he wasn't familiar with, he was really surprised to hear it went down without a plane hit or a major fire, wondered if it got hit be debris, was amazed when i told him buildings between it and the main towers were hit harder and had major fires, but remained standing, he agreed the notion that the earlier collapses somehow caused it to fall was nonsense. Than i pointed out the resistance paradox to him. He didn't even need the paradox, immediately said there was no way a gravity-driven collapse would have turned the structures to dust in mid-air, you could see a certain look in his eyes, like "wow"! He works on structural engineering software. He took a bunch of literature. First time i've gotten a structural engineer to question the official story! Also, a guy came up to the table as i was tolking to a friend, a fellow 9/11 activist, started talking to us, and within a minute we realized we had a LOT in common, he said he told friends back in 2000 that Bush would get elected and then create a "terrorist" provocation so as to lead the US into war, though he sees the problem as going far beyond Bush, a matter of ruling class strategy. We were joined by another 9/11 activist friend of mine, a speed-of-light discussion that went on and on. Several people came up who apparently were looking for some info on the matter, and were very glad to see the table (i brought out a new copy of my usual collapse poster to put on the front, must've attracted attention). And an activist i know came up and told me Morgan Reynolds has helped the cause of disinformation by mixing good stuff with "In Plane Site" with over-the-edge stuff. He couldn't name any such stuff in Reynolds's analysis, then another activist, a woman i see often, came up, wanted to know all about the weird stuff regarding the planes, he walked off with a frown on his face after a while, couldn't handle it i guess. A year or so ago he told me i should cool it re the Pentagon because some prominent activists said that stuff was disinfo.:-)

Just another day on the front lines.

Jeff

(Jeff Strahl teaches Mechanical Engineering at UC Berkeley)

--"The future's here, we're it, we're on our own"--John Barlow and Robert Weir, 1982.

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/