[lbo-talk] HealthSouth

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 21:11:44 PDT 2005

Yes. (Though that was the Justice Dept Dept and not the US Atty.) The US Atty's Office is very very good. It is incorruptible. For the most part it is pretty nonideological. It is not perfect. It only wins 98% of the time. Justice is a lot more political, but I cannot imagine a Justice Department attormry supervisor deliberately blowing an important case. The choice of targets might be political influenced. Once they have you locked in to their sights, they'll go all out. That doesn't mean they don't screw up like everyone else now and then. Don't believe me, I know you think these I'm naive and these guys are all capitalist tools who hop when Unocal says so. But I know them. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, they like better than nailing a corporate criminal or putting a rich fraudster in the slam. Here's a terrible confession: if I could get a job as an antitrust prosecutor or in the public corruption division of the US Atty's Office, I'd try for it. Of course I'd never in a million years pass the security clearance, so the point is moot. jks