[lbo-talk] US delight as Iraqi rebels turn their guns on eachother

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:32:54 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:53 AM [PDT], Charles Jannuzi <jannuzi at mint.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:

> That LBO list is such a bunch of [Ad Hom redacted//lm] like Pugliese and Duff
> Henwood. They are both going to get it someday. No one can be that
> willfully stupid and conceited at the same time without it catching
> up to them.
>
> Here, btw, is an interesting Guardian piece, which agrees with what
> I've been saying for two years now.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1521437,00.html?gusrc=rss

. I understand the Shia& Sunnis have been doing the muslim variation of the "Hatfield-McCoy feud for near a thousand years now, and their culture seems to have survived to this point...

No thanks to the west.

It's just so much bullshit neocolonial paternalism to say that it would all fall apart NOW without US/British/quasi-multinational presence. To say we have to stick around to clean up the mess is a self created, self fulfilling reality (American are quite good at that), disinigenous or an outright lie that's only relative to the shortest of historical timeframes. Pick one.

Quite simply, we made the mess, but more succinctly, we *are* the mess,

Out Now... We're waiting...

Leigh http://www.leighm.net