[lbo-talk] who is "obsessed"? (books on israel)

Samuel Waite haymarket326 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 18:53:10 PDT 2005

I agree entirely. Though I can understand Carrol's concerns, I haven't seen any evidence at all that Findley's an anti-Semite. In fact, if I remember correctly, They Dare to Speak Out is referenced in Fateful Triangle. He also wrote a good book on American Muslims, and currently contributes to the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs. His Council for the National Interest recently convened an anti-AIPAC rally attended by (among others) the Alliance of Progressive Iranians, Jewish Witnesses for Peace, and Jews Against the Occupation.

I would also add that when we in the Pittsburgh Palestine Solidarity Committee struggled and finally succeeded in bringing Norman Finkelstein to CMU (were you there, John?), the engineer of no particular qualifications appointed by the administration to provide a 15-minute "rebuttal" said exactly what I gather Pugliese is insinuating: Nazis love him, so he's probably a bigot.