[lbo-talk] London bombings

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 00:38:14 PDT 2005

On Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:15 PM [PDT], James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>From "communique":

> The desire to be excused expresses a justifiable lack of confidence
> in the use of terror.
> But others who bombed London, like the IRA,
> gave specific warnings before each bombing,
> ensuring that infrastructure not people were destroyed.

I have a hard time believing that AQ or any other related organization refers to what they are doing as "terror". Also, has any Muslim "terrorist" organization ever referred to indiginious "terror" groups? cf ETA after the Madrid bombings.

It's too easy for any intelligence agency to publish a reasonable "communique", and almost impossible to prove legitimacy, because the intel community IS the legitimizer.

Skeptically yours, Leigh http://www.leighm.net