[lbo-talk] "London's Burning" -- The Clash

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 02:03:22 PDT 2005

"Now I'm in the subway and I'm looking for the flat This one leads to this block, this one leads to that The wind howls through the empty blocks looking for a home I run through the empty stone because I'm all alone

London's burning with boredom now London's burning, Dial 99999 --The Clash, "London's Burning," 1977

"Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters."

--statement from terrorists claiming responsibility for July 7, 2005 London attacks (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm)

"Blog" of guitarist of London-based punk band Chaos UK:

"More people die on roads in london in a week than in this attack. More londoners kill each other than have been killed.

Out of the 1000s of people commuting at that time apparently there was a 1 in 6000 chance that ya could have been killed in a bomb attack in London this morning. Id take that bet!"

http://www.livejournal.com/users/xwasted_youthx/