[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 11 12:30:01 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>This shows your paper on actionism (better term than activistism, being
>pronounceable among other advantages) (a) was aimed at people who were
>not going to recognize its existence

Actually we heard a lot from "activists" who'd had an inchoate critique similar to ours but had never been able to articulate their dissatisfaction before. So there's probably a hard core who'd be immune to the argument for the reason you mention, but also a large group on the margins who welcome it.

Doug

PS: We can't use "actionism" - that's Adorno's word!