[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts

ravi lbo at kreise.org
Mon Jul 11 14:15:56 PDT 2005

On 07/11/05 12:32, Michael Pugliese wrote:
> Ravi, I.F. Stone, no Rightist, on late 60's new left street trashers
> ala Days of Rage , "stunt mongers and suicide tactics." William
> Appleman Williams, leftist historian, called this kinda
> pseudo-militant nonsense the work of , "orangutans."

but the issue i am trying to highlight is not so much who may have first found a way to disparage conscientious young adults through name-calling and bad logic, but how the technique is used today. surely you do not deny that the right wing uses such criticism (suburban white teenage angst) as a bogus way to deflect the real issue?

--ravi

to do a pugliese on pugliese, an obscure slightly related link: ;-)

http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/by/2001----.htm