[lbo-talk] gender ratios

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 16:43:35 PDT 2005

Of course. Katha Pollitt wrote a very good article for the Nation many years ago in which she observed that even when women's writing is publishied, it is typically only in connection with women's issues. Katha herself is an articulate, intelligent, excellent writer -- but I have seen very little writing by her published in the Nation that was not about women's stuff.

An unfortunate situation.

Joanna