[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 11 19:08:03 PDT 2005

>>breaking windows of businesses doesn't effect social change.
>
>Sorry, but it does.

Sure does, if you call bars on windows, remote control street surveillance cameras, even more oppressive laws on free assembly and stroppy cops social change.

Right wingers putting rocks through the windows of women's shelters, progressive bookstores and food co-ops could also effect social change but I don't think I'd call it desirable.

> > as a leftist journalist during the Truman-McCarthy era, I.F. Stone
> > _was_ an activist.
>
>So he wasn't an activist during the 1960s or the 1990s. If I remember
>correctly, the category was "agents provocateur."
>
>So I.F. Stone is a red herring here.

Especially since he died in 1989. Would that make him an 'inactivist' in the 1990's?

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo