[lbo-talk] Who here has been quoting Magazine?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 01:36:54 PDT 2005

Joe Barrera asked:

"I could swear someone here has quoted: [Magazine lyrics] ...but I can't find it in my lbo-archives. At any rate, kudos to the quoter, and to all else. I highly recommend to all listening to Devoto / Magazine."

Hey Joe,

That was me who used to quote that in my sig line.

But I got too many complaints that it was "getting old" so I took it out. But, yeah, Magazine and the early Buzzcocks were great. Devoto = underrated as a lyricist.

I've quoted MDC, The Clash, Crass, and others on here recently, too! =)

A band from the 1990s that sound kind of like Magazine, to me, were Prick, on Nothing records. My fave Magazine song was probably "Song from Under the Floorboards."

-B.