[lbo-talk] Happy Birthday Woody - In Chicago Too

Jim Westrich westrich at nodimension.com
Wed Jul 13 08:26:27 PDT 2005

Quoting "gboozell at juno.com" <gboozell at juno.com>:

> Chicago's Seventh Annual Woody Guthrie Birthday Celebration
>
> featuring Bucky Halker, Janet Bean, Anna Fermin, Tom Piekarski,
> Steve Dawson, Chris Walz, Kat Eggleston
>
> Hosted by Tom Jackson, WLUW FM 88.7
> July 15, 2005 at Martyrs, 3885 N. Lincoln, Chicago, IL
> 6:00 - 8:30 PM

> -- "Stuart Elliott" <Stuart323 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Woody Guthrie was born on August 14, 1912. To celebrate his life and music,
> the Eighth Annual Free Woody Guthrie festival will be held in his hometown
> of Okemah, Oklahoma from August 14-17....

Woody's Birthday is JULY 14th and the OK festival will start TODAY (not next month). It's good to see Anna Fermin on the Chicago bill.

Jim

Whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand All the pushin', and huggin', and pushin', and tuggin' And whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand All the pissin' and moanin', and jerkin' me off I said whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand Oh, ain't life grand

Ohh whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand All the drinkin', and takin', and fakin' it all I said, whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand All the touchin', and feelin', and bumpin', and squealin' Now whoo, hoo, oh yeah, ain't life grand All the kickin', and screamin', all the lyin', and cheatin' Now, whoo, hoo, yeah, yeah, ain't life grand Ain't life grand, ain't life grand

---Woody Guthrie