[lbo-talk] Solzhenitsyn -- the sad reality

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 13:55:53 PDT 2005

No foreign language required in this case - his work still is widely translated. (Kudos to you Chris for being able to read in the original).

Solzhenitsyn is a sad case. His take on the SU was spot on. His take on Russia today is simply uninteresting. There is no comeback for this great writer. He, like so many other Cold Warriors, can accept a Russia changing and transforming.

Solzhenitsyn is also a fly on the wall here - my Russian wife asked me a few days ago "Is that guy still alive?"

I thank M.P. for posting the snip on/by Solzhenitsyn.