[lbo-talk] COINTELPRO and FBI survelliance

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 13 14:24:53 PDT 2005

Well, the thing is, who's exaggerating? The civilian deaths aren't subject to the same scrutiny with which the case is being made regarding the troop casualties. Very different set of books, with very different book-keepers, so to speak.

And yes, I certainly agree that an attempt to overstate the numbers without anything to fall back would be folly from a culturo-political perspective , but there are numbers to fall back on here.

Btw, I have a reference from a down home, good ol' boy newspaper as well, not "just" the al-jazeera one, so at least as far as that goes, I can always turn around and blame them...<g>

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20050711-1850-un-conflictdeaths.html

As it is, I'm certainly open to revising the numbers in whichever way most accurately reflects the reality of the situation, so if there's something solid to go on. As well, the numbers from the Iraq Body Count website haven't changed in close to a week now, and I have to wonder if the reason for the delay might not be this very same controversy.

Gary W.

--

Gary Williams

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign." - John Stuart Mill

http://mycos.blogspot.com/

Todays Iraq Body Count

Min Max

44787 50814