[lbo-talk] London Bombers

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:15:32 PDT 2005

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>Carl Remick, in a characteristic non-sequiteur:
>
>Brits should just take practical steps ...
>by withdrawing all their troops from Iraq and
>binding over Blair for trial as a war criminal."
>
>First, Carl's advice is superfluous. Britons have done a lot more to
>constrain their government's policy in Iraq than Americans have. British
>MPs did table a motion to impeach the Prime Minister. Ordinary Britons have
>made their opposition to the war felt in a way that was largely absent in
>the US.

<Yawn> Brits have merely taken the scenic route to the same destination -- reelecting a government that has waged illegal war.

>Second, the reason to oppose the war is because it harms Iraqis, not
>because it harms Britons (it doesn't)....

>Third, nobody in Britain has been killed because of the Iraq war. ...

Hmm, I'd say reasons #2 and #3 are the same. But you can keep repeating "nobody in Britain has been killed because of the Iraq war" mantra-like as many times as you want, if it makes you feel better (talk about whistling past the graveyard). But I think the facts are there for anyone to see, who *wants* to seem them, that over four dozen Britons lost their lives last week because of Blair's criminal folly in Iraq. Res ipsa loquitur.

Carl