[lbo-talk] Low Life (was "Come friendly bombers" )

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 14 09:18:53 PDT 2005

Catchy subject line, followed by;

>No doubt Remick chose that song to sneer at because of the link to bombing
>London workers.

>The evidence points to Remick being a pompous sneering buffoon.

>If Carl was sneering at anyone it was at Heartfield,
>who is richly deserving of it.

All capped by the earlier observation that; "Just lately LBO has been sounding like Fox News." but I'm guessing not in the way the poster intended.

Y'know I took a 6 month hiatus from this list, and a couple of other lefty boards, after Dim Bulb and Darth got re-elected last November. The anger people felt at that turn of events seemed to be directed inwards as the invective got personal, nasty and depressing. The metaphors I used were that hanging out on these boards then was like watching a bunch of blind rabid ferrets in a gunnysack, and that people like Karl Rove were wetting themselves laughing as the left tore itself apart and the right rewrote the social contract.

I see it really hasn't got much better, but it's obviously my problem as people seem to think this level of debate works for them.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon