[lbo-talk] Stiff upper lip (was 'Come Friendly Bomber')

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 09:41:10 PDT 2005

Carl writes

'Come on James, what happened to that stiff upper lip'.

Well, sorry if I went postal on you, but like you said, the stiff upper lip is a myth. As penance, I carried on my Summer School lecture through the official two minutes silence for the bomb victims today, and have posted up a piss-take of the 'Blitz Spirit'. http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/0000000CAC66.htm

I still think it is imposing a over-rational interpretation on the bombers motives to see them as a response to the invasion of Iraq, but I guess we will have to differ on that.

We can agree that Britain, like the US, should get out, and that many worse things than the London bombings have been done by our governments there.