[lbo-talk] They lived in the next street from me

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 12:11:17 PDT 2005

criminology is heavily influenced by Durkheim's theory of anomie -- integration into the community or lack thereof. the whole sub-discipline of research on deliquency, deviance, etc. based on Durkheim and the structural functionalist extension of his work. that's all I meant. it wasn't an attack. what is interesting, on your account, is that the suicide bombings are both the result of too much integration into their lifestyle enclave (sacrifice to a higher cause) and not enough integration into the communities in which they were born.