[lbo-talk] The winner of the In Our Time Greatest Philosopher Vote

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 14:57:37 PDT 2005

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: I am inclined to believe that Lenin and Co were NOT Marxist in any true sense - they were Russian modernizers who selectively used Marx as building block of their managerial ideology (i.e. a set of myths justifying the powers and policies of top executive officers in an organization) - other elements being peasant populism and Russian nationalism.

---

I ditto Woj, with a qualifier upon the term "Russian" in "Russian nationalism." Lenin didn't have a drop of Russian blood in him, Stalin was Georgian, Trotsky was a Jew, etc.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs