[lbo-talk] The conservative spin on the Rove scandal

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:35:09 PDT 2005

The conservative spin on the Rove scandal ... ugh. They come up with the weirdest ways to rationalize what seems at face value to be flat-out wrong. Like O'Reilly finding a way to blame Clinton and Gore for the Enron scandals, a notion some members of my family bought into.

Here is what one conservative net user told me in response to the Rove leak:

"The fact that Plame hasn't left the country since 1998 makes it kind of hard to be undercover in Niger. Besides, the 9-11 commission pretty much slammed Wilson. Rove didn't break Plame's cover. Kerry said an undercover agent's name several times on public TV during a hearing."

Ihaven't been following the Rove scandal religiously so I'm not even sure how to address this. The NY Times "timeline" I thought covered it all.

-B.