[lbo-talk] Maillist Texts & Their Construal was Re: Low Life ...

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:22:59 PDT 2005

On 7/15/05, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Autoplectic wrote:
> >
> > > exploitations of textual indeterminacy yada yada.....
> >
> > Ian
>
> Oh come now. Forbid that and maillists will soon be as extinct a genre
> as the Pindaric Ode.
>
> Carrol

Oh come now. Where did I say forbid? I was asserting that communication would be improved if participants forswore the indeterminacies to engage in misrepresentations, imputations of motive and the like :->

I seem to recall a one Carrol Cox admonishing the list to abide by such an ethos in the past............. =:>O

Did I spell forswore correctly?

Ian