[lbo-talk] Thousands of Minutemen on both borders

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:02:28 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 15, 2005 7:19 PM [PDT], Steven L. Robinson <srobin21 at comcast.net> wrote:

> (So sez this puff piece published in the right wing Washington
> Times. The Minutemen claim they will patrol the Canadian border too.
> I am skeptical, to say the least, of these lawn chair militiamen
> setting up shop along the northern border.SR)
>
> Thousands to join vigil along both U.S. borders
>
> By Jerry Seper
> The Washington Times
> Published July 15, 2005
>
> <http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050715-095216-6145r>
>
> WASHINGTON -- More than 15,000 volunteers will man observation posts
> and conduct foot and horseback patrols this fall along the Mexican
> border from Texas to California and in seven states along the
> Canadian border in a new Minuteman vigil to protest what organizers
> call the government's lax immigration enforcement policies.
>
> Chris Simcox, who heads the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, said
> volunteers from throughout the country who are "concerned that the
> U.S. government must be made to act and take control of our borders"
> are signing up in record numbers for the new monthlong patrols set to
> begin Oct. 1.

Nice time of year for a camping trip to the Sonoran desert.

I recommend buying a large slab of bacon... buddying up to these folks, and giving their tents, cars, and equipment the bacon fat treatment when their off taking a leak. That oughta attract enough critters of the night to cause a ruckus... not to mention the indiscriminate and panicked use of most of their ammunition. <;'>

FWIW, The Washington Times is a "moonie" front. KCIA.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net