[lbo-talk] exercised

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 16 07:53:58 PDT 2005

thanks to all for ideas/suggestions/pointers to my question about woodburning yesterday!

1. why does not one get particularly exercised about the fact that male cats and dogs have nipples?

2. why do we not get exercised about the biological fact that humans need to eat, yet fully recognize that the way people eat and what they eat is incredibly diverse, historical, shifting, variable. same thing with shitting, as yoshie once wanted to argue, though i think she ended up talking about the variety of ways to wipe, but whatever.

3. and why does no one feel the pressing need to define some the various ways we eat as akin to disease!?

4. and why does no one feel the need to label pasta eaters or meat eaters and make a big deal of it?

5. and really, why does it have to be a big thing at all. we need to eat. we need to shit. we need to fuck. no one gets freaked out about the idea that food preferences probably entirely culturally determined, do they? so why shouldn't sexual preference be almost entirely culturally determined?

6. also, whenever the whole male nipple thing came up in my classrooms and the guys invariably went, "yuck, the hair the hair!" I was always tempted to ask my students if they groaned, "the hair! the hair!" when their girlfriends nibbled on their nipples!

over and out.

kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin