[lbo-talk] Finding the elephant in the room

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Jul 16 15:29:48 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

>Why the Western left rallies about
>these fascists is beyond me.I suspect there is a
>belief that withink any conflict between a large power
>and a small group, the former must be to blame.>

Jihadi terrorist acts are provocations which frequently strengthen imperialism instead of weakening it. There is really nothing to recommend them even from the anti imperialist viewpoint. Islamic terrorism in India usually strengthens BJP, just as BJP's politics strengthens Islamic terrorism. It's really the secular politics that's the target of fascist (Hindu and Muslim)movements.

>PS. in India, do people refer to Islamists as "Wahhabis"?>

No.

Ulhas