[lbo-talk] What caused the bombers to bomb?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:56:22 PDT 2005

On Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:31 AM [PDT], Gary? <slade.g at gmail.com> wrote(while smoking a fatty?):

> it's just the ganja man.

No. It's not "just the Ganja man", as a matter of fact I recommend it highly as a tonic for schizophrenia.

Works wonderfully. The healing herb for ALL the nations.

But the schizophrenia related symptoms probably have much more to do with being "out of place". A stranger in a strange land.

As far as: "She added: "I have talked with a psychologist who says many Jamaicans have been mis-diagnosed with schizophrenia when they were merely expressing themselves in patois."

Absolute hearsay... what of it? Cultural mis-interpretation happens and there are ALWAYS mis-diagnoses. But methinks this statment most likely revolved around a flagrant attempt to withhold treatment from Jamaicans who DO have problems.

This paragraph tries to contradict itself: The researchers concluded that the psychiatric profession may have at times wrongly interpreted the behavior of African-Caribbean patients who may not have being suffering from schizophrenia. Professor Robin Murray, from the Institute of Psychiatry, said: "It seems to be something in the social environment, something about being black in Britain. "The experience of black people in the UK almost drives them mad."

May have... seems to be... almost...

Where is the criteria for "almost" in the DSM-IV?

Leigh http://www.leighm.net