[lbo-talk] Cambodia

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:18:16 PDT 2005

On 7/17/05, Lance Murdoch <lancemurdoch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/17/05, John Norem <jnorem at cox.net> wrote:
> > And the people here are simply deluded? What bullshit.
> >
> > http://www.yale.edu/cpg
>
> I wouldn't know, that web page doesn't exist.
>
> Lance

http://www.yale.edu/cgp/index.html Cambodia Genocide Program The Cambodian genocide of 1975-1979, in which approximately 1.7 million people lost their lives (21% of the country's population), was one of the worst human tragedies of the last century.

Run by Ben Kiernan, who wrote, "How Pol Pot Came To Power, " for Verso.

Kiernan, recanted his previous views on the KR, cited in Chomsky and Herman, and was a thesis adviser for Sophal Ear, http://jim.com/canon.htm Undergraduate Political Science Honors Thesis: The Khmer Rouge Canon 1975-1979: The Standard Total Academic View on Cambodia

Sophal Ear

Department of Political Science

University of California, Berkeley

Ronald E. McNair Scholar

Academic Achievement Division

E-mail: sophal at csua.berkeley.edu

May 1995 CONTENTS

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION

CHAPTER 2: ROMANTICIZING THE KHMER REVOLUTION

CHAPTER 3: THE CHOMSKY-LACOUTURE CONTROVERSY

CHAPTER 4: BEYOND THE STAV

CHAPTER 5: CONCLUSION

BIBLIOGRAPHY

-- Michael Pugliese