[lbo-talk] Cambodia

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:00:32 PDT 2005

On Monday, July 18, 2005 9:16 AM [PDT], Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Broken record, Leigh.
> Google Nixon Kissinger Vietnam Pugliese.Plenty of lbo-talk posts by
> me on CIA and Guatemalan genocide too.And others under USG auspices.
> What you and Lance and others of your apologetic ilk can never get
> through your skulls, is that a consistant stance would deplore USG and
> Stalinist/Maoist genocides.As a proclaimed anti-marxist s/b easy for
> you.

I'm not apologizing for anything. You are trying to evade a discussion of how US policy creates these circumstances. You are muddying the waters.

The endless clippings that are only vaguely related in the most tangential ways make my eyes glaze over.

a consistant stance would deplore USG and
> Stalinist/Maoist genocides.As a proclaimed anti-marxist s/b easy for
> you.

Not helpful... Not helpful to think that ANYONE on this list would support genocide commited by anyone.

I certainly don't. But I understand that genocide in that area of the world developed out of historical circumstances that WE, the western industrial world created. I'll betcha even money that the Kampucheans didn't even have a word for genocide in their language until.... When mike when?

And the Shiites and Sunnis have been doing the hatfield mccoy shtick for the last thousand years or more, but their collective culture remained intact.

We'll fix that.

I could give a FLYING about WHO did it.

Your cult of "evil personalities" bores me.

"I'm not Stalin, and you're not Stalin. Stalin is that person you read about in the newspapers" --Josef Stalin, speaking to son.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net