[lbo-talk] Identity wars and other issues

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:23:24 PDT 2005

Dwayne:
> In a very narrow, technical sense, you're absolutely right.
>

> The US military has a demonstrated mania for accuracy as evidenced by
weapons
> like...

I think you missed my point entirely. I did not condone the war in Iraq. I fact, I believe that the Bush administration should be tried as international war criminals for launching that war - technical accuracy of the US weapons systems and the rules of engagement notwithstanding.

My point is that it would be a gross distortion of facts to judge countries like the US solely on the basis of the war on Iraq - there is much much more to this country than this war - which is an unfortunate episode, but an episode nonetheless.

It would also be a gross distortion of facts to judge the jihadist bombers on the basis of anything else than their terrorist acts, because there is not much into their entire cause but mad bombing. The few lines from Quaran are but an insignificant window dressing, a mere footnote to their activity.

Wojtek